My Challenge Awards

Search This Blog

Friday 18 March 2011

Collage on Canvas 'Pursue your Passion' 7x9 Using Tim Holtz Dies and Inks

Greetings friends! Just to let you know that I have been redecorating my Blog page. How do you like my new look? If you like it - you will find a link on my page that will take you to the fabulous artist who designed it. Here is another creation that I have just finished.

 Challenges that I am entering with this collage on canvas are:

The Stampman - Anything Tim

Gingersnap Creations - GC93 Chesnut Challenge - Get to Work





This time I have done a collage on canvas, using a new Tim Holtz sizzix die for the tailor's dummy, and buttons. Most of the embellishments are handmade/altered/distressed.
I painted the canvas with 3 layers of acrylic paint in turquoise,cream and brown. Then I sanded the top layer for a distressed look.
The pins and knitting needles are made from cocktail sticks and pearl beads.
The bobbin is from the same Tim Holtz die, and I wrapped some canvas thread around it.
Oh and the tape measure was from my sewing box - I just scanned it and printed, cut out and distress inked. Then matt accented it.(Ranger)
The flower is from Wild Orchid Crafts.
The bottle top is from husbands beer bottle, (Black Sheep) a vintage photo was glued inside and then matt accents added.
The heart is a Tim Holtz sizzix die, embossed with cuttlebug swiss dots.
Sentiments are from HOTP, torn and ink distressed with added ice stickles.
So thats it for now.
Have a good Friday night everyone.
Luv Sharon x

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous collage! Love the sewing theme! Thanks for playing the Get to Work Challenge on Gingersnap Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my fav die, and used perfectly in this piece, i love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your creation… very cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome! You really rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely collage and great blog design. love the images. Thanks for sharing and have a gret day. Angela

    ReplyDelete