My Challenge Awards

Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 September 2012

I'm back

It seems so long since I posted on here. I have been making jewellery and busy with other things. I do miss my card making though.
I wish I had more energy to do the things I love.
Still struggling with health issues and trying to get a diagnosis is still a nightmare. Battle on.

Anyway, I managed to make a couple of cards for Men.
In the Steampunk style. Using a stamping technique that I saw in 'Craft Stamper' Magazine, using masking Tape. Its called reverse stamping, I think.

I used a Stamp of a Victorian Gentleman from 'Personal Impressions' P1216F.for the main image.
I stamped the background using Distress ink and various cog,key and clock stamps, stamped in layers at random.
Then I embellished with an assortment of old watch parts, some textured material and some coloured twine.
I used Kraft card as a base and dark brown card to mat the topper onto.
The insert was photo copied from an old 1950's radio magazine, and then distress inked.
I have listed this on my Etsy store https://www.etsy.com/listing/109274728/men-greetings-steampunk-card-free




No comments:

Post a Comment